The Adefehinti years of presidency of Egbe Omo Ilara Mokin spanned from 1985 to 1989 and they were very momentous years. At the general meeting of the Egbe held in March, 1985 the following were given the nod to be in the saddle of , leadership for a two year one term in the first instance
- President (elected un-opposed) – MR ADEREMI ADEFEHINTI
- Vice president – MR S AKINLOLU OLUYEDE
- General Secretary – MR ABIODUN OLUWALUYI
- Assistant General Secretary – DR I O ADEGENRO
- Treasurer – MR T O ODEYEMI
- Financial secretary – MR J O ADEGUNLEHIN
- Publicity secretary – DR AYO OJO
- Social Secretary – MR EMMANUEL AFOLABI
- Cultural Secretary/Chairman Cultural Committee – MR YINKA FAWOLU
- Legal Adviser – MR TUNDE OLIFINSAWO
- Ex- Offico Member – CHIEF S ADEGBOYE BAKARE
- Ex- Offico Member – MR JOHN AYANFE AJAYI
- Ex- Offico Member – MR OLUYOLE FADOLA
- Ex- Offico Member – MRS OLARONKE POJO
- Ex- Offico Member – ALL BRANCH CHAIRMEN
From the blast of the whistle in March 1985 to the breasting of the tape in 1989, there was no moment of dullness. It was full activities from the beginning to the end of the tenure.
NON EXECUTIVE COUNCIL OFFICERS
- Auditor – MR J K ADEDUN
- Auditor – MR S A AJAYI
- Leal Adviser – MR TUNDE OLOFINSANWO
- Live Grand Patron OBA S ADUBI OJOPAGOGO (Alara of Ilara Mokin)
- Patron CHIEF JOSHUA OYELEYE FAKAIYEJO
- Patron CHIEF R A FAKUADE
- Patron CHIEF S O ADEGUNLEHIN
- Matron CHIEF MRS A M LAMIKANRA
SOME LANDMARK ACHIEVEMENTS DURING THE REGIME
The first major project the presidents executed on coming into office was the establishment of an Egbes education endowment fund, the first of its kind. The was done after reviewing the educational situation in the town and discovering that some indigent students were dropping out school due to inability to pay school fees, buy books and feed . The main thrust of the fund was therefore to make some financial assistance available to such students in form of scholarship awards.
It is instructive to note that the president set the ball rolling by donating a percentage of his salary to the fund as well as allowance paid to him for his services on the board of Ondo State. Housing Corporation into which he was appointed then by Ondo state. He also gave a scholarship to a boy from primary to University level.
It was during his regime the Oba celebrated his silver jubilee on the throne, under the leadership of Adefehinti a brand new Peugeot 505 was purchased for the as a gift to the Alara for the celebration.
Though this has now become the Old palace, it was during his regime that the building of a new palace was born and conceived, the foundation of the palace was laid by prof Saburi Biobaku who represented the Oni of Ile Ife Oba Okunade Sijuade on 26th October 1985.
There was maintenance of security and relative peace in the community during thus regim.The Ilara Mokin police station was also commissioned during this regime to improve security infrastructure in the town and boost the police morale.
Thanks to the arrangement made by the Egbe there was an improvement in the Electricity and water supply in the town, the number of transformers was increased in order to improve access to electricity by more people especially in areas that had been experiencing load shedding. Repair and maintenance works to improve the water supply.
The formal commissioning of the health centre built by the then Ilara Mokin community and commissioned by the then Governor of Ondo State Late Chief Michael Adekunle Adejasin , during this period also the health centre was fenced round for improvement in security, drugs and supplies were regularly disbursed to the health centre.
The Post Office was rehabilitated in this regime and made to function more by acquiring books through solicited donations from leading publishers Longman Nigeria and Evans Publishers.
In conclusion a very crucial achievement of the Aderemi Adefehinti administration was its ability to sustain the high tempo of activities and achievements of the Egbe which were begun by the S A Bakare/Oluyole Fadola administration.